Europa Cinemas is looking for 28 young European film buffs to send to the Venice Film Festival!
Since 2010 and co-organized with the LUX Prize (European Parliament) and the Venice Days, this great initiative will turn the dream of 28 young European moviegoers to attend the Mostra del cinema into reality! Moreover, they will constitute the Venice Days Jury and award a prize to the best film of this dynamic and diverse selection.
Apply if you meet these criteria:
· Regular moviegoers aged between 18 – 25 years.
· Good ability to write articles and blogs.
· Good knowledge of English (reading, written and spoken) to actively take part in the discussions around the films with film professionals.
Candidates will need to:
· Do and send a video selfie giving the following information in ENGLISH: name, city and country of origin, as well as one of the latest films seen and why the candidate liked it. This video selfie shouldn’t last longer than 45 seconds. This video is supposed to show how this person speaks and his/her ability to “talk” about cinema. Technical requirements: The video should be shot in the highest available resolution and a good audio recording.
· Fill up and send the application form including the following information: Personal information and skills; short statement outlining the reasons why you should be considered for this opportunity; brief statement about the most important things to consider as a jury member when watching a movie; description of 3 scenes from 3 films they have watched recently; short review of a film recently released; top 5 of favourite films recently released.
The application form has to be completed in English and signed and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The video selfie could be sent to you via Wetransfer.
What will happen next?
The selected Ambassadors will have to commit themselves to:
· Be present in Venice before the start of festival from Monday 28th of August to Sunday 10thSeptember 2017 (festival dates: 30 August-9 September);
· Be a jury member for the films competing for the Venice Days;
· Watch all the films presented in the Venice Days (approx. 15) and the LUX Prize 2017 competition. A festival accreditation (giving also priority access to screenings of the Venice Days) will be provided;
· Take part in the round tables discussions and debates with filmmakers and other guests;
· Contribute to a blog, which will be specifically developed for this event;
· Be an active Ambassador for the Lux Film Prize during the events organised after Venice in his or her own country.
The European Parliament will organize and cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event (13 days) while Europa Cinemas will take care of their per diem. The arrival date is expected to be Monday 28th of August and the departure date Sunday 10thSeptember 2017.
For more information, message us on Facebook or e-mail us at email@example.com
DEADLINE: 28 May 2017